Monday, June 21, 2010

First Video Post! Cover of Stars Die by Porcupine Tree

I promise I'll eventually get more creative with my post titles!

It seems fitting that the first thing you get to see me play is actually my warm-up song. I finally managed to do a run through that had very few mistakes, even though my face is a hot mess. This is what I would look like if you woke up beside me, that's right. Hair and all. Scary. I really should put on a better game face hey?
I also discovered that I make kind've weird faces while singing, including sticking out my lower jaw a bunch, and it does not need the help!

ANYWAYS. To the point, the song! I do a very basic version where there is only a three chord progression for the verses and the chorus is only a two chord progression with a tiny little pinky hammering on. REALLY basic. Which is why it's good for a warm up. The way I do it is less relaxed and low key than the original song, I tend to speed it up a bit, and put a bit more power behind it, because I am a she-hulk, and I like to smash, whether it comes to strumming, or using my vocals as a sonic BOOM. You'll see. Also, note, I need to mind my high notes, they're a bit sketchy.





Stars Die by Porcupine Tree

The moon shook, curled up like gentle fire,
The ocean glazed, and melted wire.
Voices buzzed, in spiral eyes,
stars dived in blinding skies.

Stars die,
Blinding Skies.

Tree cracked, and mountain cried,
Bridges broke, windows sighed.
Cells grew up, and rivers burst,
Sound obscured and sense reversed.

Stars die,
Blinding Skies.

Idle mind, and severed soul,
Silent nerves, and begging bowl.
Shallow haze, to blast away,
Hyper sleep to end the day.

Stars die,
Blinding Skies.
Stars die,
Blinding Skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment